Friday, January 20, 2012

Paint Brush Review - Winsor & Newton Series 7


I decided to write a little review of brushes that I use almost exclusively for more than three and a half years now.
Winsor & Newton Series 7 brushes are made from finest Kolinsky Sable hair. I prefer using brushes with shorter hairs so that I have more brush control

They are highly durable brushes that keep their "pointiness" for extremely long time, actually during my years of painting with them I never had to change brush cause of it loosing hair or because it was no longer able to be used to paint small details. If handled properly W&N brushes easily endure more than a year of painting.

Remember that brushes with natural hair like W&N are only to paint using water colors as oil paints can easily destroy the brush.

Finally the brushes from W&N are fairy expensive but you are paying for quality and durability
0 size brushes that I use cost about 15$ pending on place that you buy them.






Here it a link the the official website of Winsor & Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment